- VRI KP Peshawar
- LR&D KP Peshawar
- Planning And Development : Cell
- Animal Common Diseases
- Animal Disease Vaccines
- Livestock Information
- Notifications / Orders
- TENDERS 2018-19
- Clean & Green Pakistan
Ongoing Research Study No.1
DR. KHALID KHAN (Co-Supervisor, Centre Of Poultry & Parasitology, Veterinary Research Institute, Peshawar)
ARSHEEMA KAZMI (M.Phil Scholar Bio-Chemistry, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan, KPK, Pakistan)
Stem Cells are potent to self renew and differentiate into many specific cells. Stem cells proliferation and differentiation is of immense importance in modern time. Mesenchymal Stem cells (MSC) may have a protective effect in the process of liver injury repair and hepatocytes regeneration.
Liver is important vital organ having a pivotal role in metabolic process in animal body. Liver is made of hepatocytes cells and functions in diverse manner, like protein synthesis, detoxification, carbohydrate, lipid metabolism and bile production and regulation.
Hepatocytes have a potential of regeneration and frequent restoration in case of injuries and other hazardous effects of some metabolites, but when this potential of regeneration is inherently impaired it may cause huge loss and the only treatment is to transplant a liver.
Zinc is an essential component of a large number of enzymes participating in the synthesis and degradation of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids as well as metabolism of other micro nutrients. Zinc plays vital role in hepatotoxicity protection produced due to various chemicals or biological factors.
Hypothesis: It is hypothesized that administration of Zn in combination of Stem Cells will have high therapeutic and liver cells restorative potential against fibrotic liver.
2. To determine the combined therapeutic potential of Zn and Stem Cells in reduction of liver fiberosis in mice.
Procedure for results evaluation
of liver Morphology.
2. Histo-Pathological changes/ studies of fibrotic and regenerated tissues in negative control, positive control, Zn treated, MSCs treated and Zn and Stem cell combined treated liver of albino mice
3. Enzyme analysis of all groups (Biochemical Assays)
4. Gene expression for apoptotic, anti apoptotic and liver markers determination for different expression of specific effects.